The kitchen isn’t just a place where you cook. It’s also a place where you spend time with family and friends, come up with new delicious meals, read the newspaper with your morning cup of coffee—it’s a place where memories are made. So why not make your kitchen memorable? Today’s trends in kitchen remodeling are not only incredibly eye pleasing, but they also add an element of super-functionality to your kitchen. There are home additions available to improve every single part of your kitchen. Here at the top 5 trends gaining popularity in kitchen remodeling:
- Computerized appliances are making their way into more and more homes. Some of today’s newer refrigerators are equipped with computing capabilities, which enable internet access, e-mailing, messaging, and TV/DVD players. These high tech appliances will make it easy to watch your favorite cooking shows while cooking along and e-mail the family to tell them what’s for dinner!
- Simple cabinets have also been popping up around more kitchens. People are replacing their decorated cabinet doors for more simple, classic ones with solid colors. This simple design makes the cabinets appear larger, enhancing the look of the whole kitchen.
- A lot of people have been using brighter colors in their kitchens. You can make a bold statement by using loud shades such as red and orange, or go for a more peaceful, serene look with blues and greens.
- Stainless steel counter appliances offer another way to give your kitchen a simple, classic, and clean look. These appliances are sleek, strong, and durable—making them a great addition to any kitchen.
- Many homeowners are going green by investing in eco-friendly kitchens. Some savvy kitchen remodelers have been using formaldehyde-free materials such as bamboo for the floors. There are also a number of Energy Star appliances that can help you save energy.