Custom Winnetka Home
Under ContractCustom Estate – Winnetka, IL
- 7 bed
- 2 half bath
- single family
- 8 bath
- 11,500 sq ft
This exclusive estate is designed and built by Michael Bennett Homes, whose core values are no tight spaces, unifying the indoors and outdoors, and building light-filled rooms that naturally elevate your mood. For over half a century, we have built homes that are at the center of life milestones and everyday entertaining.
Located on 1.2 acres in one of Winnetka’s most exclusive lanes, this stunning contemporized stone and frame country home is suited for everything from everyday living to extravagant entertaining.
With over 11,000 square feet, 7 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms, this home features an expansive chef’s kitchen with cozy breakfast banquet, a formal dining room that easily seats fourteen, three impressive fireplaces, a gym overlooking the backyard grounds, a peaceful spa and steam room, library and home office room, wine tasting room with storage for 750 bottles, a mudroom with dog washing station, four-car oversized garage and is fully equipped with the best in today’s technology including a back-up generator.
No detail was overlooked in this expansive layout that provides a new surprise at every turn. 340 White Oak is everything you’ve ever dreamed of in a home and so much more.
Contact us to learn more about customizing.
- Single Family
The home features 8,000 square feet of above grade living space and 3,500 square feet of lower level space. It includes 7 bedrooms, 8 full bathrooms, 2 half baths, a finished third floor loft space and a finished lower level with a 20′ x 50′ sports floor room.
Location & Site Plan
This home is situated on 11,500 square feet and offers four levels on 1.2 acres located off of a private lane.
Additional Info & Legal
- The first floor of this 11,500 square foot home includes a family room with 4-sided fireplace, dual island kitchen, cozy breakfast nook, command center, butler’s pantry, wine tasting room with seating for two, large mud room off the kitchen complete with dog wash and dual fixture sink, dining room with seating for 16, laundry room, powder room, living room, library, gym and spa/steam room.
- Each room includes a 10ft ceiling complete with gorgeous wood trim. Crown moulding and millwork transition the hallways connecting each space.
- The wine tasting room located off the dining room can be seen through the shared glass wall. It’s complete with cooling capabilities and a rack that fits over 750 wine bottles.
- The family room and gallery feature two sets of retractable stacking glass walls that create a unique entertaining environment that seamlessly connects the indoors and out.
- The gym and attached spa room includes a full bath and steam shower. Floor to ceiling windows create a fantastic view of the grounds and site of the pool.
- The butler’s pantry makes for easy entertaining with refrigeration and ice maker, second dishwasher and a buffet for easy serving during family gatherings and celebrations.
- The second floor includes five bedrooms, two of which feature private bathrooms and walk in closets. Another two bedrooms are connected by a Jack and Jill style bathroom with spacious shower and double vanities.
- A second floor laundry room includes two sets of front-loading washers, dryers, a utility sink and plenty of space for folding and ironing.
- The master bedroom is secluded in its own wing of the home with a vaulted ceiling and features a fireplace, sitting area and huge walk-in closet with space for all of his and her needs including a dressing island with ample drawer storage.
- Master bathroom includes areas for him and her with a freestanding tub that serves as the centerpiece of the room. The shower includes both a rain head and body sprays. Other unique features include a shaving sink, no fog mirror and heated floors.
- The second floor hallways are each a generous 5’ wide.
- The third floor is a large finished and carpeted open space. The ample light and private full bath make it a great area for an artist studio or playroom for kids.
- A unique room with write-on dry erase walls for kids to draw and participate in arts and crafts.
- Windows that are above grade create the feeling of being above ground due to the entrance of natural light.
- Bedroom with full en-suite bath
- Facility room that includes storage
- A mechanical room that houses the high efficiency HVAC and hot water system.
- A 20′ x 50′ sports room with floors ready for roller skating, hockey and other active fun.
Winnetka is located 17 miles north of the Chicago Loop with tree-lined streets, top-notch schools, beautiful parks and public beaches with boating areas all steeped in a rich history dating back to the 1800s.
Residents have a number of unique conveniences right at their finger tips including various commuting options, golf courses, tennis facilities and an indoor ice arena. There are also dozens of options for dining and shopping in the quaint downtown area.
The public school district includes three elementary schools, two middle schools and New Trier High School, which is widely known as one of the best in the country. Private schools are also an option if you prefer, as there are many located within the community.
Lamb Financial, Airoom’s in-house mortgage arm can assist with any financing needs.
These renderings are preliminary illustrations of conceptual design only. Airoom, LLC. makes no representation that the final project contains all components herein. The drawings are the property of Airoom, LLC. copyright 2016, all rights reserved. Any use of these drawings without the prior written consent of Airoom, LLC. is strictly prohibited.